Witty Title for the book blog for The Great Gatsby

My reading, as of late, has not been consistent and doesn't meet with my reading goals.

The AP book that I have chosen to read is none other than, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I originally chose to read The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn but I found it to not be a suitable book for me. I then went to The Great Gatsby because it includes some things that nearly everyone likes: wealth and power.

The book starts off kind of slow and confusing, what I found most hard to grasp was the time period and the general state of the world. However I do know that it takes place after the first world war. Gatsby and the narrator both served in the military and Gatsby was able to recognize Carraway as he had seen him in France. While the book is narrated by Carraway, it is not about him, but rather, it is about Gatsby.

A lesson that I have learned from reading the great Gatsby is that not all good things may last forever, especially the things we reap from illegal means. I also feel that this lesson is still present today and that it still takes its form in that of the corrupt Wall Street and those that control it.

Comments

  1. I like your idea to relate to what you read to your personal life, however, I wish you would be able to elaborate more. Explaining more in depth can lead to a deeper thought process, that helps you in the long run.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Me, Myself, and I (specifically my readings habits)

The Emperor's Revenge By Clive Cussler - book blog #1